The summer solstice is a special time that celebrates the longest day of the year, and the perfect time to soak up all that glorious light and energy. It’s also a perfect opportunity to connect with nature and it’s foods that nourish our bodies. So get ready to fire up that grill and make the most of this special time!
Let’s dig a little deeper into the amazing benefits this recipe has to offer for your hormone health and overall well-being:
Pineapple, for example, contains bromelain, an enzyme known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation can disrupt hormone levels, so reducing inflammation in the body can support hormonal balance.
Plus, the fiber content in zucchini aids in digestion and helps eliminate excess estrogen, which is beneficial for hormonal health.
For a complete protein, I love to pair this with grilled salmon on the side. Protein is crucial for various bodily functions, including hormone production. Salmon is not only rich in protein but also contains omega-3 fatty acids, which have anti-inflammatory properties and support overall health.
Fatty acids also regulate blood pressure, neurological functions, hormone production, and can alleviate rheumatoid arthritis. How incredible is that?
These vibrant skewers aren’t just awesome party pleasers, they offer numerous benefits.
Veggies like red bell pepper, zucchini, red onion, and cherry tomatoes are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They provide a wide array of nutrients that support overall well-being and contribute to a strong immune system.
Additionally, the marinade, which includes ingredients like olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic, adds flavor and provides additional health benefits. Olive oil, for instance, is rich in heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and antioxidants.
And lastly, for an extra punch of healthy fats and nutrients – I like to serve mine with a side of avocado drizzled with lemon. Enjoy and have fun!
- 1 small pineapple, peeled and cored
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water
For the marinade:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut the pineapple into chunks of approximately 1-inch size.
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, minced garlic, dried oregano, salt, and pepper to make the marinade.
- Thread the pineapple chunks, red bell pepper, zucchini slices, red onion chunks, and cherry tomatoes alternately onto the soaked wooden skewers.
- Place the skewers in a shallow dish and brush them with the marinade, ensuring they are evenly coated. Reserve some of the marinade for basting while grilling.
- Place the skewers on the preheated grill and cook for about 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally and basting with the reserved marinade until the veggies are tender and slightly charred.