It’s heating up outside, and I’ve got the perfect refreshing drink – that happens to be loaded with nutritional benefits, too!
My Glow Berry Lemon Smash comes together in minutes – and you likely have everything you need on hand. One of the key ingredients for this drink is apple cider vinegar.
Some of the benefits of apple cider vinegar include:
- Improves digestion and assimilation (absorption and use of nutrients)
- Helps lower cholesterol
- Aids in blood sugar regulation
- Reduces blood pressure
- Reduces heartburn and indigestion
- Improves gut function
- Aids in detoxification
- Has antibiotic properties
- Promotes weight loss by promoting feelings of satiety, helping to balance blood sugar, and reducing insulin levels.
Organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar also contains a substance called mother, which consists of strands of proteins, enzymes, and friendly bacteria that give the product a murky appearance.
The mother contains many of the healthy bacteria you want when taking apple cider vinegar, so choosing a good quality, organic brand is optimal.
As a side note, it’s thought that the antibiotic and detoxification properties of apple cider vinegar can also help clear up acne and make skin brighter – taking your GLOW to a whole new level!
When you combine the benefits of apple cider vinegar with all of the nutrients and antioxidants in the berries and lemon juice, this drink can truly be called healthy.
Try making my Glow Berry Lemon Smash this week. It just might be your go-to drink for the summer!
- 2 tablespoons Fresh or Frozen Berries
- 1 tablespoon Raw, Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar (Note: this is sometimes called “with the mother” on certain brands)
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Lime Sparkling Water (you can use unflavored or your favorite unsweetened, flavored sparkling water)
- 1 tsp. Sweetener (Honey or Liquid Stevia work well)
- Place the berries in the bottom of a cup. If you are using a sweetener, add that in now. Muddle the berries and sweetener with the back of a spoon.
- Add in your Apple Cider Vinegar and Lemon Juice. Fill the cup with ice and add in enough sparkling water to fill the rest of the cup. Garnish with Mint, Fresh Berries, or a Lime Wedge. Stir and enjoy!
Notes: You could use any fresh or frozen fruit you enjoy. Cucumber and mint would also be a refreshing option! Don’t have sparkling water? You can use fresh, filtered water instead. It’s still a yummy drink without the carbonation.
No comment yet, add your voice below!