I’ve talked before about my GLOW Bowl template which is an easy and delicious way to combine nutrient-dense foods. GLOW Bowl is one of the easiest ways to eat balanced, healthy meals.
Our featured recipe this week – Turkey Cranberry Squash Bowls, is not only packed with nutrients, the best part is there’s no added sugar to it!
This recipe is part of our GLOW Sugar Detox Diet: A 7 Day Plan to Detox from Sugar and Balance Hormones.
Turkey Cranberry Squash Bowls
8 ingredients ·40 minutes ·2 servings
- 1 Delicata Squash (small)
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 ozs Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 1/2 tsps Poultry Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Frozen Cranberries (thawed, or use fresh)
- 2 cups Microgreens
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (177ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse the outside of the squash and slice in half lengthwise. Brush the flesh with a small amount of olive oil and place face-down on the baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey and saute until cooked through and browned. Break it up into tiny pieces as it cooks.
- Once the turkey is cooked through, stir in the poultry seasoning, sea salt, and cranberries. Turn the heat to the lowest setting to keep warm until your squash is cooked.
- Remove squash from oven and stuff each half with the turkey/cranberry mix. Serve with microgreens and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Enjoy!
- Vegan & Vegetarian Use lentils or chickpeas instead of ground meat.
- No Microgreens Use any leafy green like baby spinach, kale, or arugula.
- Leftovers keep well in the fridge for up to 3 days.