For women with PCOS, infertility, menstrual irregularity, and PMS symptoms such as mid-cycle spotting, migraines, etc., sampling hormones on a single day may be insufficient. The DUTCH Cycle Mapping can help us to better understand the patterns of estrogen and progesterone by “mapping” them out over the course of the cycle, and will help us to see if and when you are ovulating. Using 25 dried urine samples, this provides us with a complete picture of your menstrual cycle in graph format.
WHEN IS DUTCH CYCLE MAPPING™ RECOMMENDED?
- Women struggling with infertility
- Women with cycling hormones and no menses
- Partial hysterectomy (ovaries intact but no uterus)
- Women with irregular cycles
- If the luteal phase shifts from month-to-month
- Not sure when to test due to long or short cycles
- Women whose hormonal symptoms tend to fluctuate throughout the cycle
- PMS, mid-cycle spotting, migraines, etc.
WHEN IS DUTCH CYCLE MAPPING™ NOT NEEDED? (DUTCH COMPLETE™ IS SUFFICIENT)
- Postmenopausal women
- Women on birth control
- Women with cycles that follow the expected pattern