Impairment of intestinal functions can contribute to the development of food allergies, systemic illnesses, autoimmune disease, and toxic overload from substances that are usually kept in the confines of the bowel for elimination. This comprehensive profile helps pinpoint the causes of gastrointestinal symptoms and chronic systemic conditions, and measures key markers of digestion, absorption and inflammation. A stool test that looks for pathogenic bacteria and yeast overgrowth, parasitic infections, beneficial bacteria, intestinal immune function as well as markers for digestion and inflammation.
- Parasite and worm infections
- Bacterial health of the large intestine
- Markers of digestive health (including elastase)
- Calprotectin, Lactoferrin, and Lysozyme for inflammation in the gut
- SIgA for immunity in the gut
- Short Chain Fatty Acids