Earlier this week, I shared some healing herbs and spices that you might already have in your spice cabinet. By incorporating herbs, spices, and botanicals into your eating and cooking, you’re giving your body a huge dose of “medicine” as well!
Whether you’re dealing with inflammation, digestive issues, skin irritation or breakouts, ankle sprains, or just a common cold, herbs and spices can truly make a difference.
Today’s recipe features black pepper, cayenne, garlic, paprika, and turmeric. While each of these has its own healing properties, they are all packed with potent antioxidants that can help to reduce inflammation, improve digestion, improve metabolism, help with pain, lowering blood pressure, and more.
Be sure to check out the Natural First Aid Kit from the masterclass for more information!
GLOW Easy Oven Roasted Chicken
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp.Real Salt
- 1 tsp. Dried Minced Onion + 1 Tbs. more
- 1 tsp. Thyme, ground or dried
- 1 tsp. Turmeric
- ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne (Red) Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Whole Chicken, about 4–5 pounds is good
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Mix spices in a small bowl first (less the 1 Tbsp. minced onion).
- Place the whole chicken right into a deep covered baking dish. Season the bottom of the chicken, then turn over into your baking dish and season the breast side and inside the cavity.
- Sprinkle minced onion on top (or use a real onion, but sometimes I don’t want to get a knife and cutting board out).
- Cover the baking dish and bake 20-30 minutes per pound or until inner temp is 160F.
- Allow a 5-10 minute rest before carving, during which time the internal temperature should rise to 165F.
This recipe is courtesy of kitchenstewardship.com, and can be found in the Food IS Medicine 7 Day Meal Plan.
No comment yet, add your voice below!