Pain Relieving Recipe
Cauliflower Roasted With Turmeric and Cumin
This simple side dish practically cooks itself and is packed with pain relieving superfoods.
4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
2 teaspoon turmeric
2 teaspoon cumin
Leaves from 1 sprig rosemary
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the cauliflower, turmeric, cumin and oil to a glass bowl and mix to coat the cauliflower.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread out on cookie sheet and bake 35 minutes, until browned, flip halfway through the cooking process to crisp all sides
- Garnish with rosemary leaves and sprinkle with paprika, serve warm.
A recent Thai study found that the spice common in many Indian foods fights the pain of rheumatoid arthritis as effectively as ibuprofen. Turmeric also seems to inhibit the destruction of joints from arthritis, according to National Institutes of Health – supported research on rats at the University of Arizona in Tucson.
Turmeric inhibits a protein called NF-kB; when turned on, this protein activates the body’s inflammatory response, leading to pain.
Note: Turmeric will stain your fingers, so you may want to wear gloves while preparing. While it may leave your hands tinted yellow, turmeric will not stain your teeth. In fact, the spice is used as a whitening agent for teeth in some cultures!